Laurence Debordeaux explores the subtle links between
freedom and its environment, transporting her roots to the Corrèze countryside (South of
France) in the 80s. The lush nature inspires her. She paints it in order to express her own.
From this physical relationship with the surrounding space, she draws the essence or her subject.
Her paintings hold a mirror to her desires : the majesty of the surroundings, the sensuality of hands plunged into crushed pigments, movements as the breath of air, the precise tone of her colours for the life force.
Her works are her : a delicate strengh between frame and freedom.
Working and residing in Beaulieu sur Dordogne (France), Laurence Debordeaux came to painting afetr 15 years working in sculpture and ceramics.
Her work can be seen all over France and in London, New York, Washington and Madrid.
Laurence Debordeaux is a painter, visual
artist and ceramist.
She has been exhibiting and teaching since 1980. She was born in Paris in 1959.
- Eclat de Nature, Arts Atlantics - Biennaial contemporary art fair in La Rochelle
- Enracinement et Légèreté, Château de Sédières, Conseil général de la Corrèze
- Eclat de Nature, Club Barclay's, Brive la Gaillarde
- Eclat de Nature, Espace Culturel / Espace jeunes, Bretenoux college
- Eclat de Nature, Beaulieu sur Dordogne
- Eclat de Nature, Law firm, Paris
- Paysage de Corrèze, Chapelle Saint-Libéral. Installation sponsored by the Brive city hall and the Conseil général de la Corrèze.
- Instant Matière, Les Haras Nationaux, Paris
- Instant Matière, Agence immobilière Côté Montorgueuil, Paris. Temporary exhibition.
- Instant Couleur, Agence immobilière Côté Montorgueuil, Paris. Temporary exhibition.
- Instant Matière, Salle Alain Gazeau, Les Epis, Brive la Gaillarde